Friday, September 08, 2006

Dear Blogger

The Blogger acct of another (admin) team member on my group blog (http://hagakure419.blogspot.com) was hacked on Tuesday. The intruder deleted H419 - which had been quite active and had archives going back to April.

I reacquired the url, reinstated our template from a backup and rescued the blog's monthly archive pages from the Google cache.

My question: is there some way to restore all those lost entries automatically - either from the saved archive pages, or from some backup of yours? Given it's a team blog, going back and reposting all the entries individually by hand isn't really feasible.

Hope you can help!

Cheers,

Mishuki One

Posted by Mishuki at exactly 1:11 pm

                     

3 Comments

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a an hour or two of Perl hacking to extract posts from the google cache and post them automatically. Let me know if you want me to do it (I think you can guess my email address ;-) )

 

Blogger Mishuki said...

We'll see what Blogger has to say - hopefully they can rescue our comments as well. But thank you! Might well be taking you up on the offer.

 

Blogger Mishuki said...

No, just on hiatus.

Thanks, Magnus! (No thanks, Blogger.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home